The Shure Model SM7B
dynamic cardioid microphone
The Model SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features superb shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices. The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for clean and natural
reproduction of both music and speech
- Switchable bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence
- Shielded against broadband interference from computer monitors and other electrical devices—excellent rejection of electromagnetic hum
- Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates
mechanical noise transmission
- A7WS windscreen included for close-up vocals or narration
- Swiveling bracket with integrated stand adapter for easy mounting
and precise microphone positioning
- Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical
about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration
of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for
The exceptional performance and unique features of the SM7B
make it the outstanding choice for such applications as:
- Recording Studio—Instrumental and Vocal
- Location Recording
- Motion Picture and Television Scoring
- Television Talk Shows and News Desks
- Radio Announcing and Production
Use the standard windscreen for general voice and instrumental applications. Use the supplied A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications, such as voice-overs or radio announcements, as it offers maximum protection from plosive breath noise and creates a warmer, more intimate sound. To install the A7WS, follow these instructions:
- To avoid tearing the windscreen during removal, grip it from the plastic ring and the base and remove by gently pulling and twisting.
- If desired, adhere the supplied Velcro strips around the microphone grille, approximately one inch from the base of the grille to hold the new windscreen in place.
- Install the A7WS windscreen by stretching over the Velcro strips, then squeezing at the base of the windscreen to adhere to the Velcro. No Velcro strip inside the windscreen is needed, as the windscreen itself adheres to the Velcro. To remove, grip at the base of the windscreen and pull while twisting.
Download the user guide for this mic.