The Electro-Voice Model RE1000
supercardioid condenser microphone
Description and Applications
The Electro-Voice Re1000 is a true condenser studio microphone. It provides flat frequency response, low self-noise and an externally biased transducer. The Re1000 utilizes a transformerless output.
The RE1000 is designed to have the industry-leading rugged and reliable Electro-Voice durability, while providing excellent performance.
The RE1000 has an internal two-stage pop filter to reduce explosive breath blasts and wind noise. An extremely effective shock mount system, for use when excessive mechanical noise is encountered, is available as Model 325.
The RE1000 is designed for high-quality recording and sound reinforcement. Wide use of phantom power makes the microphone very flexible. The combination of low self-noise, excellent transient response and smooth frequency response makes the RE1000 an ideal choice for use in the most demanding of situations.
A switch on the rear of the unit introduces a 12-dB-per-octave low-frequency roll-off at 130 Hz. A hard-shell case is included for storage and transport.
the transducer is a short-D, high-efficiency unit, with the high output level of a large diaphragm and the tighter polar pattern and better transient response of a smaller diaphragm. The diaphragm itself is an ultra-thin gold laminate, environmentally stabilized, low-mass design. The rear electrode is a gold-laminated ceramic design, precisely spaced from the diaphragm.
The output electronics provide no voltage gain to ensure the lowest self-noise. The RE1000’s high sensitivity is achieved through optimal transducer design.
On initial powering of the mic, there is a stabilization period of 15 to 20 seconds, during which the output of the microphone will be muted.
- Generating Element: True condenser, externally biased
- Frequency Response (see Figure 1):
- Polar Pattern (see Figure 2): Supercardioid
- Sensitivity: Open Circuit Voltage, 1 kHz: 11 mV/pascal. Power Level, 1 kHz
(0 dB = 1 mW/pascal): –39 dB.
- Equivalent Noise: ≤14 dB SPL, A-weighted (0 dB = 20 micropascals)
- Impedance: 250 ohms, balanced
- Maximum SPL: (1% distortion, 1 kHz): 130 dB
- Power Requirements: 12-48 V phantom
- Switchable Low-Frequency Roll-Off,
Corner Frequency: 130 Hz
Slope: 12 dB per octave
- Polarity (see Figure 2): Pin 2 positive, referenced to Pin 3, with positive pressure on the diaphragm
- Output Device: Transformerless
- Finish: Low-gloss black texture
- Accessories included:
- Optional Accessories:
Wind Tech™ model 20/421 external windscreen
Shock-mount system model 325
- Dimensions (microphone alone, see Figure 3)
Height: 205 mm (8.07 in.)
Maximum Width: 62 mm (2.44 in.)
Maximum Depth: 43 mm (1.69 in.)
Net Weight: 0.40 kg (14.11 oz)
Shipping Weight: 1.2 kg (42.3 oz)