The Electro-Voice Model PL9
dynamic omnidirectional microphone
Description and Applications
The Electro-Voice Model PL9 dynamic omnidirectional microphone is E-V’s ultimate instrument recording mike. Its exceptionally wide, flat frequency response extends from 50 Hz all the way out to 18,000 Hz for really faithful reproduction of any instrument. Simply put the PL9 inside a set of drums, or outside an orchestra—and capture it all.
Webmaster’s comment: This sounds as though it was written by someone in marketing rather than by an engineer.
- Generating Element: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50 to 18,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Impedance: Lo-Z, 150 ohms, balanced
- Output Level: –58 dB (0 dB=1 mw/10 dynes/cm2)
- Pop Filter: Built-in Acoustifoam™
- Grille Screen Material: Memraflex (tempered spring steel)
- Case material: Steel
- Finish: Non-reflecting gray
- Dimensions: 28.45 mm (1.12 in.) widest diameter,
19 mm (.75 in.) shank,
146 mm (5.75 in.) long
- Net Weight: 184.27 g (6.5 oz.)
Text and illustrations are from the Electro-Voice Model PL9 Engineering Data Sheet, Part No. 53382-412.
Download the Data Sheet for this mic.